Thursday, April 15, 2010

Assisi Update

It is so peaceful here that time has expanded and I don't feel so driven to "accomplish" things every day. Just sitting on a stone wall and listening to the birds and watching the sun's rays piercing the clouds seems perfect. A full day can include a long, warm bath, preparing a simple salad or pasta meal (had some delicious potato/spinach pasta topped with spicy red sauce and freshly grated parmesan for lunch), meandering through the streets and alleyways and a trip to the market to pick up a loaf of freshly baked bread.

John and I are on different sleep and eat schedules, which is not much different from how things are at home. I have insomnia so stay up very late while he likes to go to bed early and get up before dawn to set out for several hours of intense hiking and exploring. We are each having a great experience here in our own eccentric ways.

Last evening at church, John had a good conversation with Sister Sue from St. Anthony's guest home (where we stayed last year). She invited us to come visit them and asked about our trip so far.

The photograph below is one I took a few days ago in a lovely garden near here. I did some digital work in Photoshop and this is the result. I'm not used to working in Photoshop on the little Netbook we have with us, so am not sure how it will print compared to the monitor view. It will be interesting to see how that goes when we get home and I have access to my printers.

No comments:

Post a Comment